RE: Spark gap

Original poster: "Rich" <rdjmgmt@xxxxxxxxxx>

Well I am retired machinist and boy do I miss having my hands on a mill
and/or lathe when I need one. I will try to explain my way of doing it
with out a machine shop and still having the tubes within .001. Find a
short piece of PVC tube 4" to 6" , will work. Set the copper tubes
inside the PVC , use a block of foam or a rag to hold them out to the
wall of the tube , space them apart with some small plastic scraps , I
used .032 Teflon scrap , mark the tube where the copper hits the PVC ,
drill 2 holes in each place for approx a #8 machine screw , but install
with a #6 screw, that way we don't have to worry about being accurate .
When you do the final installation be sure the first tube and last tube
in the set has the nuts on the outside , put the plastic spacers in
place , sung up the bolts until you have equal gaps and put a little
epoxy on each tube , glue the copper to the PVC , leave the gap clear.
The first and last tube with the nuts on the outside gives you a good
place to hook up to.  ( note , I did use larger , #10 bolts for my hook
up points on the first and last copper).

Rich

>Original poster: "Dr. Resonance" <resonance@xxxxxxxxxx>
>

>Soda cans are too large.  You need some 1/2 inch OD (3/8 inch ID)
straight