Re: Trial and error

Original poster: "Steven Steele" <sbsteele@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Ya, I'd say that's just a little outdated. But it was a whole 6 years after the first incandescant lightbulb by Mr. Edison. and about 3 years after the Wright Bro's 1913 flight.
I'll have to get my grubby little paws on an edition of that book, too. I've got a book on the writings of Nikola Tesla. It's kind of hard to read( I often need to read paragraphs several times before I understand them.) But it's very interesting. Hold on while I run upstairs and get it.:)
Ok, I'm back. It's called The Inventions, Researches And Writings Of Nikola Tesla. It's a thick brown paperback and it should be easy to find at your local bookstore. I saw it the moment I walk over to that bookshelf and just had to buy it, so I did. I recommend you do, too. It's even got pictures and schematics! Lots of them. It's very, very usefull.

Steven Steele ----- Original Message ----- From: "Tesla list" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx> To: <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx> Sent: Monday, April 04, 2005 10:34 AM Subject: Re: Trial and error

Original poster: "david baehr" <dfb25@xxxxxxxxxxx>

....my first few coils were based on info from a book 'HIGH FREQUENCY APPARATUS' by Thomas Curtis , a reprint from 1916, ....a "little" out dated, but a good starting point for me, several diff sized coils, info on glass plate caps, gaps and constructing your own high voltage supply Xfrmr. Back in 1985, I think, I saw a show down at the Denver planitarium called 'ZAP'. where they had a large T.Coil on stage, and people were lighting florecent tubes in the front row,.....I dont know who built that coil, but after that show, I got the spark bug !