Re: Transformer trouble?

Original poster: "Steven Steele" <sbsteele@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

All right, if you open your NST you should be able to find something that may at first look like a power resistor. It's not. I believe it is a solid state relay.You may also find a regular relay. All of this must go. You may want to cut off the side of the NST casing near this to get to it. See the attached file. ( forgive the crudeness) :)

To figure out what's what, use a multimeter on continuity. It should beep between 5&2, 6&4, and 1&3. Solder 2 to 1 and solder 3 to 4. Leave any other wires you find alone. you don't need to do anything to them other than make sure they don't touch anything. I would suggest leaving the top of the NST off so you cam monitor it. Then you plug it into a power bar, cross your fingers and turn the power bar on. It should work. Just be careful not to damage the transformer other this modification. Don't worry if it looks ghetto. Even ghetto stuff works. :)
Be careful, and have fun!

http://hot-streamer.com/temp/NST2.bmp

Steven Steele

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tesla list" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx> To: <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx> Sent: Friday, April 01, 2005 11:58 PM Subject: Re: Transformer trouble?