Re: Tesla UV apparatus?

Original poster: "Dr. Resonance" <resonance@xxxxxxxxxx>

You need to test the caps with a HV leakage tester --- don't arc them as the high Q (very low inductance) can produce overpotentials which could damage the caps.

Email off-line and I will send you the HV leakage tester circuit.  It works
with any power supply over 10 kV DC.

Dr. Resonance

I recently found the UV ray machine but it is no longer working. I tested the wires and coils for open circuits and they seem OK, but I don't know how to test the capacitors. This apparatus was probably built in the mid '20s. Anyone out there familiar with these UV ray gadgets?

Thanks,
Dave