Re: DRSSTC thoughts...

Dan:

You can measure you sec output by using a 10 cm ground sphere and firing
your coil in a single shot mode.  We use a string of diodes and 5 meg
resistance in series with our primary HV xmfr.  It fires once every 8-10
seconds.

The peak potential is independent of the waveform and will be accurate
within 3%.  At least it will get you in the ballpark.  Compare this to
average of 70% efficiency with the standard equation:

Vsec = Vpri *0.70 * SQR (Lsec/Lpri)

Dr. Resonance