Re: DRSSTC thoughts...

 >  >
 >  > Dan ­ I see you used the model for streamer loading of 220K + 1pF/foot
for
 >  > a streamer load in your SPICE models.  I was just wondering how well
that
 >  > worked for you?  There is some concern that model is just "too simple"
for
 >  > some things, so I was curious if it worked well in this case?
 >
 > Steve Conner has been battling this one for a long time.  A real
 > streamer model is the #1 hinderance in simulations i feel.  Its just
 > hard to get it exact.  And your results can change wildly depending on
 > what you used for a streamer model!  Am i gonna see 1000A or 2500A?..
 > was my question at one time :-P.

And even harder to represent a streamer in spice...

Several ideas:
A series of transmission lines with very high impedances and slow
propagation constants.
Some sort of time sequenced switches.

The idea is to get a series of capacitors that gradually get added on the
end (which replicates the behavior of a leader progressing in short jumps)