Re: Heatsinks

Original poster: "Chris Swinson" <tesla-at-cps-electronics.co.uk>

Hi Steve,

> >Does anyone know wheres a good place to try for large heatsinks ? the >ones
> >ive seen so far cost a small fortune :(
>
>I feel your pain, I'm looking for a similar giant heatsink for a pair of
>300A IGBT modules right now. The best ones I've seen are all sold by Farnell
>(Chris and I are in the UK)
>
>They have a large 20x25cm finned block for ?27.72+vat which has Rth=0.41'C/W
>in free air (would be much better if fan cooled imo) part no. 438-8586
>
>They also sell ones like the Wakefield things but a little smaller for ?40,
>and the Marston "Ultra-Fins" which look very promising. The biggest
>Ultra-Fin is 30x10cm and has Rth=0.04'C/W when fan cooled. It's part number
>410-6015 and costs ?33. It's not really the right shape for my application,
>too long and thin, but I could cut it in half.
>

>Steve C.

Thanks for those codes! I gave up looking in Farnell, can't seem to get on
with thier online stuff :(

thanks for the codes,
410-6015 looks a well sexy bit of kit!

I was trying to find one like the V shape form my ogrigional post, im not a
fan (good pun (ish)) of large flat sinks, I like the V types better, but I
guess it could work, its big enough so who cares ;-)

cheers,
chris