RE: Heatsinks

Original poster: "Steve Conner" <steve.conner-at-optosci-dot-com>

 >Does anyone know wheres a good place to try for large heatsinks ? the ones
 >ive seen so far cost a small fortune :(

I feel your pain, I'm looking for a similar giant heatsink for a pair of
300A IGBT modules right now. The best ones I've seen are all sold by Farnell
(Chris and I are in the UK)

They have a large 20x25cm finned block for ?27.72+vat which has Rth=0.41'C/W
in free air (would be much better if fan cooled imo) part no. 438-8586

They also sell ones like the Wakefield things but a little smaller for ?40,
and the Marston "Ultra-Fins" which look very promising. The biggest
Ultra-Fin is 30x10cm and has Rth=0.04'C/W when fan cooled. It's part number
410-6015 and costs ?33. It's not really the right shape for my application,
too long and thin, but I could cut it in half.

Steve C.