Re: humor, was:Re: Transformers for sale

Original poster: "Ed Phillips" <evp-at-pacbell-dot-net>

"In 1941? While Tesla was still alive? If I recall correctly, the first
"coil-plans for the masses"
were written up by Kenneth Sweezy for, ummm, Popular Science, maybe? And
I think he got the plan from Tesla himself. I know there were lots of
other coil plans before that, but they were mostly in journals or
Scientific American. At least that's what I found out, in my research.
Do you remember where your plan came from?
Thanks,
Dan K."

	Plans for TC's were in many magazines and books (Electrical
Experimenter, for one and many "XXX Books for Boys") at least as far
back as 1910 and probably much earlier.  I can't remember where (if
anywhere) I got the plans for what I built but suspect it would have
been from Popular Science circa 1938-1939.  I used both the High School
and University libraries and both had Popular Science, Popular
Mechanics, Radio News and other such which I can't remember.  If your
public library had old copies of "Readers' Guide to Periodical
Literature" you should be able to do a pretty good search if you were so
inclined.

Ed