RE: Transformers for sale

Original poster: "John" <fireba8104-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Yes I know Dan,
Steve has dubbed us as "Gappers"
I am realistic and I am building a DRSSTC. ;-)
This is quite evident, and I enjoyed harassing Jim M in one such thread. : -p

Cheers,
John

Original poster: "McCauley, Daniel H"

Nobody is condemning spark gap coils here. They will always have their
place and beauty and are still much simpler
and more reliable.
But you have to be realistic. Most of the younger generation will be
building solid state stuff, especially
since a solid high performance design (the DRSSTC) is now available.

Look at the 4hv group which is comprised mostly of the younger crowd.
More than 90% of the posts
alone (dealing with tesla coils) are of the solid state type. Even on
the TCML, a lot more posts pertaining to solid
state coils has been circulating in the past year compared to previous
years (or at least so it seems)

Dan