Re: humor, was:Re: Transformers for sale

Original poster: Mddeming-at-aol-dot-com

In a message dated 9/18/04 8:38:17 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

 >But you have to be realistic.  Most of the younger generation will be
 >building solid state stuff, especially
 >since a solid high performance design (the DRSSTC) is now available.

Likewise,

NASCAR has made horse racing obsolete.
The outboard motor brought about the extinction of the sailboat and the canoe.
The Wright brothers caused the death of interest in gliding.
Live theatre died out with the advent of the motion picture camera.
No one walks, jogs, or runs since the invention of the automobile.
Molded plastics have killed off all interest in woodworking.
No one wants to go tent camping when they can spend a week in an RV parking
lot.
Computer generated art has extinguished the desire for oil or watercolor
paintings.

I remember hearing the "Everything will soon be solid state" mantra back in
1958.

Matt D.