From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: Thursday, September 16, 2004 9:08 AM
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: RE: Toob vs. Tube

Original poster: "Bill Miller" <screengrid-at-hotmail-dot-com>

Hello,
      I was designing up a VTTC, and thought that the grids on the
4-1000a
were not heavy enough. I was going to use two of those push/pull in my
coil.
      Then I looked at the grid on an 833a. They looked alittle heavier.
And
should be good at those freqs. I plan on using  a 6DQ5 as an osc to
drive
those tubes. Hopefully, it will be steddy. For the osc coil, I plan on
using a coil from a horizontal section on a b&w TV around that freq.
Tnx,
Tony