Re: You think your sparks are big...

Original poster: "Chris Roberts" <quezacotl_14000000000000-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Thanks for the comments. I was using an Olympus Camedia C-4000 zoom. I
think it is a great camera, 4.0 megapixel, no special lenses to attach, you
could most likely do the same with any camera as long as you can do 10
second or so exposures. I only did 10 seconds, and just kept clicking. =D
It is extremely important to have a digital camera, as all those pictures
where nothing happened can be deleted instead of waisting film. Plus, with
a larger memory card, you don't have to worry about taking the time to
change them. I've noticed that a storm will send down the best lightning
strikes when you are occupied with something. >=P This camera has done well
before, I am not sure if I ever posted this picture to the tesla list:
<http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/P8210037.JPG>http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/P8210037.JPG
I hope you will try it out, it is the coolest thing to get that one lucky
strike...

Original poster: humanb-at-chaoticuniverse-dot-com

You have some nice pictures there Chris. I am keeping four of them for my
desktop background. What kind of camara were you using?

Regards,

David Trimmell

-Chris

"The trouble is not that the world is full of fools, it's just that
lightning isn't distributed right." -Mark Twain