Re: Coil Doesn't Fire

Original poster: JBarrett-at-trumbullcorp-dot-com

Thanks for the advice!!!!!!!!! I guess I need some help on the tuning
process. I've tried adjusting the spark gap and moving the primary lead
around but nothing seems to work. My coil acts like the caps are dead as a
post.

I tested them with a capacitance meter and it gives me a different reading
everytime I test it.

Thanks Again,
JIM

"Tesla list" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

09/16/2004 12:46 AM
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
cc
Subject
Re: Coil Doesn't Fire

Original poster: FutureT-at-aol-dot-com

In a message dated 9/15/04 2:46:18 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

 >someone
 >pointed out that my transformer is a little small too.
 >Any other thoughts?
 >
 >JIM

Jim,

How can the transformer be too small?  I get 42" sparks from
my TT-42 TC which uses the same size transformer although
my transformer does happen to be a robust type.  A normal
12/30 NST gives me 38" sparks.

Did you try narrowing your spark gap spacing?  Maybe the
spacing is too wide.  Is the coil tuned?  Well I'm sure others
will give you plenty of advice and you'll have it working soon.