RE: Coil Doesn't Fire

Original poster: "Lau, Gary" <gary.lau-at-hp-dot-com>

Unless you have a typo, I think your problem is your bleeder resistors.
Folks generally use 10 Meg resistor across each cap, and you indicated
using 1 Meg parts.  That, combined with using 12 paralleled strings
gives you an equivalent bleeder of 667KOhms.  Across a 12kV-RMS source,
this will burn up 18 of your 30 mA as wasted heat.  Also, it looks like
each 1M resistor will dissipate 2.25W.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA