Re: First Spark

Usual procedure is center line on the toroid.  Height should be 1.5 x
toroid's minor dia.    This is measured from top turn to bottom of toroid.

If possible, spacewind your last 3-5 turns on the upper end of the
secondary --- this slowly reduces the capacitance and helps prevent corona.
We also use approx 5 turns of 1.5 inch wide teflon tape over the upper and
lower ends.

Dr. Resonance