Salt substitute

Original poster: Bob81818-at-aol-dot-com

Hi list, I was wondering if instead of using lots of "table" salt for the
bucket caps, can I use ice melting stuff (for lack of a better word)? On
the bag it says its a mix of Potassium Chloride, Magnesium Chloride, and
Sodium Chloride. I've got a nice big bag so I thought it would be a lot
easier than buying the cylinders of "table" salt. Any thoughts about this
would be appreciated. My only worry it that it wont dissolve. Thank you in
advice.
        Dan E.