Re: EBAY auctions and SNIPING - tesla coil parts

Original poster: "Gary Weaver" <gary350-at-earthlink-dot-net>

You are right it could be dangerious.   It use to be safe enough a year ago
before ebay changed the rules so you can not cancel your bid if there is
less than 12 hours left.  I once bid $10,000.00 on an item just to do it
and won the auction at $23.00.   Its funny one of the other bidder emailed
me and we got to talking and he said that he sometimes bids $1,000.00 on an
item that he want to make sure that he wins.  Thats when we both decided it
is not a good idea to do this.   It is such a waste of time and effort to
watch an auction and wait then place a bid the last 30 seconds hoping to
beat the other guys where there are several other people doing the same
thing.  Some times you win but most of the time you don't.  If you win it
makes you fell like HA, HA I beat you guys, "I WON",   The truth is if a
person wasn't such a tight wad they could win any auction they want.   The
cool thing about ebay is, no matter how much you pay even if you paid too
much you can always resell it and get your money back.  If someone bids the
price up when you were buying it then people will do the same thing when
your are selling it.   I spend a lot of time on ebay, probably too much
time.

Gary Weaver