RE: MOT Charging reactor

Original poster: "Steve Conner" <steve.conner-at-optosci-dot-com>

 >I assume the laminations are interleaved

They're not :) Well not in any MOTs I've seen anyway. The E's are all welded
together into a block, then the I's are welded together likewise, finally
the E's are welded to the I's. It just takes two hacksaw cuts to separate
them, then you can reassemble the thing with an air gap if you like.

I'm only familiar with the newer MOTs, the old ones might be interleaved.

Steve C.