RE: VTTC grid leak

Original poster: "Steve Conner" <steve.conner-at-optosci-dot-com>

 >I have never observed the grid to swing positive when the coil is in proper
 >tune. I feel this would lead to instant failure of the toob.

Some Toobz are designed to work with positive grid swings and the resulting
grid current. Others aren't. The Toob datasheet will tell you.

Generally, the heavy duty power triodes (like the 833A etc) need positive
grid swings with lots of grid current to achieve their rated output. However
you also get RF power tetrodes and pentodes that need practically no grid
current, and would probably be damaged by too much grid drive.

Steve C.