Re: Fear Factor

Original poster: "Bunny Killer" <bunikllr-at-bellsouth-dot-net>

hmmmm  looking at the show I'd say 12"X60" secondary with a 10"   maybe
12"X28" toroid running on 14.4KV with .075uF caps sync rotory SG pulling at
least 50-70A on the AC side ...   the streamers looked too clean for
ARSG...    as far as the streamers pointing "downwards"   this is
predominate of the magnetic field produced by a small primary ( very
intence field) ...my coil will throw the streamers upwards away from the
primary when tuned right ( tighter primary turns  different cap
settings)  Im estimating 12 - 15 feet easy from the show set-up ....
Plus the TC on the show had a breakout "point" from the center of the
toroid closer to "ground" than what we normally deal with....   I had set
up my coil last year for Holloween with a "Demon" sitting on top of the
toroid with "breakout points" in the hands of  the Demon ( which were well
above the toroids field ) and the streamers went upwards at basically 45
degrees away ( upwards)  from the center line of the secondary ( very nice
effect)  plus they were reaching a good 12' out...from the "hands" of the
Demon...   alot of the "participants " of the Holloween crowd would pause
with indecision as to if they should progress further into the scheme of
things...   ( yes it was alot of fun to see the "fear" instilled unto the
crowd at that point)
all I have to say is the set-up was done VERY well   and I AM Impressed
!!!    hope we all learn from this...

SD