From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 26, 2004 7:32 PM
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Re: Fear Factor

Original poster: FIFTYGUY-at-aol-dot-com

In a message dated 10/26/04 3:05:15 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

  > I'm curious what
  >  needed to be done to make it run reliably upside down, though.  What
  >  keeps the streamers from simply licking upwards along the secondary?
  >  Streamers rise because of heat.  I'd expect them just to bend upwards
  >  and strike the base.  Is it required to run a breakout on the coil to
  >  prevent that from happening?

      In pictures I've seen of Richard Hull's 11E Magnifier, they ended up
hanging the resonator from the roof. Darn big toroid for a tiny (~2' tall?)
resonator, maybe that helped. I wondered more about roof hits from 11'
streamers
than secondary breakouts with that setup.

-Phil LaBudde