Re: Rolled cap hell

Were you wearing rubber gloves when you handled your dielectric?  Many
failures can be attributed to using bare hands to handle the dielectric ---
hands that contain a lot of sodium salts in the skin oil --- highly
conductive.  Produces tracking near the edges of the dielectric.

Few experimenters pay attention to this small item but it's another straw
that can break the camel's back.

To roll tight, select a wood dowel and clamp it between a vice and a strong
clamp.  Roll tight around the dowel and remove the dowel after taping up
your rolled device.

Dr. Resonance