Re: Query on formula existence

Original poster: "Bunny Killer" <bunikllr-at-bellsouth-dot-net>

Hey Chris...

I havent seen any numbers that can dictate a specific sized toroid for a
secondary since tuning depends more upon the primary/cap set to match what
the secondary/toroid frequency is predisposed to... and the primary
voltage......  the higher the primary voltage...   the minor chord dia can
be increased..   I suppose you can fall back on the spherical numbers of a
VanDeGraff generator for voltage break out.

but a general rule of thumb that I have found to work is that  the minor
chord = the dia of the secondary and the overall outside dia of the toroid
= the secondary winding length

example:   secondary is 4"X 20" actual wire wound ...    toroid is 4" top
to bottom and outer dia = 20"   with a primary voltage of 12-15KV

see what the others have to say ...   I'll be watching the replys too...

Scot D