From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: Sunday, October 17, 2004 11:03 AM
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Re: A question about UV and homemade plasma globes

Original poster: "David Speck" <dave-at-davidspeckmd-dot-org>

Adam,
The glass of a pickle jar will block most shortwave (harmful) UV.
That's the same effect that prevents you from getting a suntan through a

window.  Short wave UV tubes are constructed with quartz envelopes which

are transparent to short wave UV.

HTH,
Dave