drsstc

Original poster: "Vladimiro Mazzilli" <mazvla-at-iol.it>

Hi all in 1997 I developed my first sstc and knowing that was impossible to
have on the primary a voltage higher than the dc link in full bridge
configuration, I have built a self resonant prymary oscillator, so I
thought "I will have some kV on the primary winding. But in that year I did
not knew very well the tesla Coil working principle. Was sufficient to tune
the two resonant circuit, infact as I was changing secondary with different
dimension and form I obtained in output the same 10" spark.

Reading in DRSSTC article I saw several bridge with IGBT brick up to 600A.
I work daily with these brick and I noted that the type used or in plan to
use is not the better solution. In1993 we developed
30kHz resonant converter from 10 to30kW using the current generation of
that year.

In this moment in europe Semikron company has developed a new generation of
short tail IGBT.
the marking is for example skm400gb125 where the last number identify the
family. The family 5 is suited
to work in square wave >20kHz and in resonant mode >100kHz, skm400gb125 is
a brick 400A at 80° half bridge 1200V fast mode IGBT.

Regards

V.Mazzilli