Re: PT Ballast Question

I presume you are using some steel rods in the center?  This will increase
inductanc and limit current even more.

You could unwind 250 ft of wire and rewind this onto another spool.  Then
use both spools in series with steel rods inside each spool.

This should increase the inductance even more and perhaps hit your target.
If necessary, this procedure could be repeated using 3-4 spools in series.
You could also rewind the wire onto a carpet tube (free at carpet store) and
make a steel rod core (1/4 inch rods) that could be moved in and out to
adjust the inductance as required.

Dr. Resonance