Re: ALF prototype work, RTC tests

Original poster: "Greg Leyh" <lod-at-pacbell-dot-net>

>Original poster: "Gerry Reynolds" <gerryreynolds-at-earthlink-dot-net>
>
>Hi Greg,
>
>Could you refresh my memory a little?  Is the ALF project a twin coil
>project where each coil reaches about 150 foot high and the two coils are
>300 foot apart and expected to produce 300+ foot arcs at 5.5MWatts?

Yes, that's basically the concept.  It's discussed in greater detail here:
http://www.lod-dot-org/alf.html

>If so, where is the full scale prototype being built and what power are you
>planning on feeding the 1:12 scale prototype.

Well, it's safe to say that if there was funding for the full-scale version, we
probably wouldn't be tinkering around with the scale model right now. ^_^
The 1:12 version will run off 220Vrms nominal, AC or DC, 1 or 3 phase.

-GL