Re: Coil Woes

I have always advocated Cres value * 1.6, however, lately, I'm changing my
thoughts on this value.

The 1.6 does give the longest sparks, however, the nature of the sparks are
"stringy" and not active and "dancing" off the toroid.

Lately I've been using Cres * 1.2.  This value reduces the chances of
resonance between the supply NST and  capacitor bank while producing a very
pleasant and active spark field that literally "dances" off the toroid
seeking ground.

Try this experiment yourself using both values 1.2 and 1.6 and you will see
what I mean.  The 1.2 value has more charging current which produces better
looking discharges.

For us, it's back to 1.2 * Cres for the best looking spark discharge.  You
only loose a few inches.

Dr. Resonance