RE: some new ideas for the SSTC guys

I think DC means there was NO electrical connection to the secondary!!  An
old Tesla coil trick for when we want to really confuse everyone!!  ;o))

Basically, without a big load, the primary rings for a very long time.  The
only "receiver" is the distant secondary coil that does manage to grab a
very significant amount of the power anyway despite being not directly near...

A classic example that giant coupling coefficients are not needed for low
loss coil systems....  I have seen wonderful demonstration videos of this
"Richard Hull" but I don't know of any that can be easily downloaded off
the net...

Cheers,

         Terry