Re: looking for inductance formulae that include resistance effects

At 07:44 AM 10/4/2004 -0600, you wrote:
>Original poster: "Kurt Schraner" <k.schraner-at-datacomm.ch>
>Jim,
>
>skin- as well as proximity (-following Medhurst-) effects are inplemented
>in TC-plan.xls:
>
>http://home.datacomm.ch/k.schraner/TCplan.zip  (272kB; now vers.2.00)
>
>Drawback: only valid for solenoids. Had some good experience with it (~as
>to be expected!), regarding the solenoids. Q factor = 186 calculated vs.
>212 mesured, in the example of TC-Plan, as supplied in the link above.
>
>Best regards, Kurt

Most Excellent, Kurt... This is exactly the kind of thing I was looking for.

I might be able to find you some more accurate numbers for the Skin Effect
table. I seem to recall running across a tabular version, so you don't have
to read off the chart.  I'll have to look for it.