Re: De-ionized water for HV probe

Original poster: davep-at-quik-dot-com

 > Can anybody tell me, is de-ionized water also free from dissolved gases?
     It is deionized, rather than degassed.

 > I ask this because I'm going to fill my HV water probe (see
 > http://www.iki.fi/dncmrc/work/hv_divider.htm) with distilled and
 > de-ionized water instead than distilled and boiled water. This thing is
 > going to be 2.7 m tall, containing 20 liters of water inside. We are
 > going to hang it from the roof (16 m high) on the top of the Thor TC.
     Properly purified water is a dandy dielectric (see below).
     However those using it need to KEEP IT deionized, with an online
     deionizer (and other items).

     I would not expect 'fill and leave' to stay insulating for extended
     periods...)

[below]
     Near Me (and, in part, powering this message, via the grid)
     is DC Receive Link for a +/-500KVDC transmission line, which
     had a tour.  Among other things learned was that the coolant
     and insulator for the switching stacks with a recyclable,
     high tech, enviornmentally friendly fluid....
     99.999idunnohowmany% water.  They had elaborate, on line,
     DI and other filters...

     best
      dwp