Now incorrect!! Re: If correct, this will change everything!!

Hi Finn,

See these links for the explanations:

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/srward16/DRSSTC-1.htm

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/srward16/SolidStateTeslaCoils.htm

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/chunkyboy86/

http://www.easternvoltageresearch-dot-com/sstc_coils.htm

Look for "DRSSTC" stuff.  Basically it is a low voltage current source
added in series with the tank circuit that drives current into the
primary.  It rings the L and C up to high voltages and currents while the
voltage on the current source stays low.

Since my fist idea went up in modeling flames (POOF!!), I will now try the
long ring up time approach with low coupling to pack as much energy as
possible into the primary...  It's cool stuff!  Probably the future, even
if I can't make the drivers cost less than $2 ;-))

Cheers,

         Terry