Re: strange variac

Hi Andy,

This is the sheet from PowerState but maybe it will be of help.  With 7
terminals, it was probably made for 240 OR 120 VAC input and any rotation:

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/Misc/VarBack.jpg

Maybe like figure "B".

You will probably have to trace/ohm out where each terminal goes to on the
coil.  Hopefully, the above chart will give you an idea what to look
for.  It is possible that it has seven terminals by default, but not all of
them are actually connected too.

Cheers,

         Terry