Re: X-ray with small TC as driver

Original poster: "J. B. Weazle McCreath" <weazle-at-hurontel.on.ca>

Hello Coilers,

I've been following this thread with interest and also doing some
further reading thanks to Google searches.  It seems that amateur
X-ray experimenting is not uncommon at all, and is yet one more
application of a Tesla Coil.

In checking an old RCA receiving tube manual, I found that many
of the older color TVs used beam triodes as a regulator for the
CRT high voltage.  These tubes can be X-ray producers when they
are operated with their anodes at 10 KV or higher.  Several had
particular mention of X-ray production, the 6BK4B and the 6EL4,
to name just two.

Stay safe...it's not just the high voltage that's the hazard!!

73, Weazle, VE3EAR/VE3WZL

Details of my "Hyperbaric Gap" and Tesla coil are at:
http://www.hurontel.on.ca/~weazle