The 1500t secondary myth

Original poster: "Tom Luttrell PWRCOM" <tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

I finally got around to testing my latest TC set up. Due to a
transportation accident that destroyed my old secondary coil I changed
the configuration from 750t with an NST resonant primary cap to a 1200t
secondary with an LTR primary cap. Both secondary coils have about a
4.5:1 aspect ratio.

This has produced no noticeable change in the output spark length (still
around 950mm for NST faceplate value of 880VA).

There seems to be a large amount of leeway in the accepted wisdom of
using a 1500 turn secondary.

I do however feel a bit better about running my NST with an LTR cap, and
also now having a flat pancake primary coil and adjustable height
secondary has solved my over coupling racing spark problem.

Tom.