Spark gap construction

Original poster: "Black Moon" <black_moons@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Iv seen alot of spark gaps using common copper pipe, and was wondering if PVC pipe would be a suitable support for them, also, do they tend to arc near the edge of the pipe? I was wondering if it might be benifical to crimp the ends slightly. As for the safty gap, Should i try and find some balls? or will 3 pipes do just as well? I assume I set the safty gap by running the NST alone with no tesla coil and opening the gap till it just barly arcs over the gap?