Re: current limiting

Original poster: "Gregory Hunter" <tesla_39560@xxxxxxxxx>

A 225 Amp AC arc welder in series with the pole pig
primary works well. The welder offers limited current
control, plus a handy ON/OFF switch. I bought mine
used from the classified ads for $25. It was a bit
rusty & dusty, but it works fine.

http://hot-streamer.com/greg/buzbox.htm

A 500 foot spool of #10AWG THHN wire stuffed with
about 10 pounds of iron welding rods will work too.
Like the welder, this should be wired in series with
the pig primary. I haven't tried this myself, but this
idea has probably been posted to this list 50 times or
more--I'm pretty sure it works!

Cheers,

===== Gregory R. Hunter

http:\\hot-streamer.com/greg