Re: Behr 50

Original poster: "Bunny Killer" <bunikllr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

I use Behr 50 on all my secondaries and I live in a state that requires one to be able to breathe water at 99 degrees most of the year... ( New Orleans)

the only time I have had B-50 crack was when the secondary fell over and hit a sharp corner of sheet metal ( it also sheared 2 windings) the "crack" was more so where the B-50 got removed from the impact not like a windshields running crack more like the bullseye type of crack.

since I use Lexan forms on my smaller coils I suppose that the flexibility is less than PVC, cardboard tubing.... and less prone to allow cracking ...

altho.. my bigpig secondary is cardboard ( Sonotube) and what I have seen over the years of usage is that the B-50 separates from the wire leaving "air pockets" about the size of a quarter ( coin) but no cracks have appeared... but then again we dont have the drastic swing in temp changes the rest of yall are predisposed to...

plus I like the 1 coat dry in 24 hours application.... just need to find a better way to keep the dust off of it...
Scot D

Tesla list wrote:

Original poster: "Dr. Resonance" <resonance@xxxxxxxxxx>

Don't use Behr 50 --- it cracks with temp changes and sometimes does not dry properly especially in states with high humidities.