Re: More facts: Coil size to faraday cage size ratio

Original poster: "Bob (R.A.) Jones" <a1accounting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Fin

Its probably cheaper and less demanding on the each cage to have a double
one.
Two poor performance cages can be more effective than one good one and
possibly two are essential if the inner is going to be in the discharge
path.
There should be at least one line filters in the cage wall.

If you have not done it already minimized  at the source with "good
practice"
i.e. a symmetrical primary circuit with minimized loops and shielded
preferably.
Even the primary coil can be made symmetrical with a double layer and even
shielded to some extent with strike rails top and bottom.
Perhaps the primary connection would run up a metal bar that grounds the
strike rails and secondary to the base.
Use a metal bottom base bonded at each corner to the ground plane of your
cage
Operate with the lowest coupling, shortest secondary and biggest top load
you can get away with.
Perhaps the SG could be low pass filtered to damp the spurious resonances of
the primary.
Consider a bipolar or a twin
If you want a really clean coil go solid state.

Bob