NST protection

Original poster: Bob81818-at-aol-dot-com

Hi list, I've got a few questions before I begin to gather the parts for
Terry's nst filter. Fist off, is it worth it? Does it give absolute
protection, or does it just prolong nst failure? Would I be able to add
more on to it if I get a bigger nst (I have a 9/30) or could I build it for
a 12kv or 15kv and still run a 9kv on it? And finally, should I just forget
about the nst and go for the MOV powered coil? Hopefully I'll learn
something from others mistakes before making my own mistakes. I look
forward to a response.
        Thank you,
              Dan E.