RE: this was probably really stupid

Original poster: "Daniel Kline" <daniel_kline-at-med.unc.edu>

Down in the Florida Keys, the transmission lines have corona where the
wires contact the insulators.
It's a constant "snap, crackle and pop" too. It takes a few minutes to
get your eyes accustomed to
the necessary darkness, but I've seen it several times. I'm guessing the
humid salt air has something
to do with it. Next time, I'm taking a pair of binoculars so I can see
the effect "close up".
Dan K.