Re: hot-streamer-dot-com

Hi Greg

Oh!  Is something wrong with it....  HAHAHAHAHAA!!!  Been working the last
two days on the *&%^$%$ thing!!

Here is the LSS  (Long Sad Story...)

It was acting real sick and finally conked out Sunday.

It had a bad memory stick (caused many odd errors), the spindle the hard
drive heads turn on was loose (caused odd HD errors), and finally the
little flexible Kapton tape with the copper traces in it to the drive heads
cracked and took it all down...  It does 4 GIG a week and even tears up the
best Seagate drives!!  The drive crunches constantly...

So far I have isolated the bad memory and it seems fine again.  I tore the
whole mess down and cleaned and vacuumed it.  I put two new 80Gig drives in
it with a RAID 1 controller (now I get to replace two, but hopefully not at
the same time and without the need to reload...).  New processor
fan....  $350 worth of new RAID 1 drives and a BestBuy shopping bag full of
other replacement parts...

Took a long time to figure out how to get the RAID controller to "play
nice" with everything...

It has been running overnight now and has not had the usual 50 errors in
the logs and seems real happy now...  All the stuff is loaded back onto it
and I will see if I can get it a little on-line again tonight.  Probably be
the weekend before all the FTP access and stuff is fully up.  Last backup
was about a month+ ago.  The recent backup failed...

So it is getting worked on real hard.  Wish I would of gotten a picture of
it splashed into a zillion pieces all over the garage work bench ;-))

Cheers,

         Terry