Re: lighting things (II) Re: No Free Energy was Re: SSTC design procedure

Original poster: Ed Phillips <evp-at-pacbell-dot-net>

"Original poster: "Stephen Mathieson" <s.mathieson-at-charter-dot-net>

I wouldn't say 'wirelessly.' The approach I remember reading about the
author claimed to have achieved very high efficiencies by using a wire
run
parallel to and in close proximity with several fluorescent tubes. Tesla
himself used a similar system to light one of his labs. As far as how
anyone
can accurately measure efficiency without using some very expensive
equipment I would guess to be pure specmanship.

Stephen A. Mathieson"

	It would be quite easy to measure the brightness of the bulbs using a
photo exposure meter, then measure the power input to a bulb which
matches that brightness and multiply by the number of bulbs.  This would
give the output power and a simple wattmeter on the AC power line would
give the input power.  Ratio of output to input is the efficiency.  No
big deal at all.

Ed