From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: Friday, May 21, 2004 1:20 PM
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: lighting things (II) Re: No Free Energy was Re: SSTC design
procedure

Original poster: dave pierson <davep-at-quik-dot-com>

'RF' can be used two ways to light fluorescents:
    By using standard inverters (ok, not to 60 Hz), this is standard
    in battery powered flurescents, can be relatively efficent and means
    wiring the RF (actually, usually, high AF...) to the lamps.

    (Filament losses are nminimal since filaments are TURNED OFF
     after start.... and modern flurescents, with the inverter drives,
     skip filaments anyway....)

     It IS possible to light flurescents 'wirelessly'.  Thsi is HIDEOUSLY
     inefficient!

      best
        dwp