Re: Tesla Coil RF interference

Original poster: "Paul Marshall" <klugmann-at-hotmail-dot-com>

Actually Scott, I went back and measured it, it was 24'. The Neon tube (8"
long) was made at a sign company down the street from where I live. The
tube only glowed red and could be seen with the lights out. The streamer
length was only about 4". The primary was wound around the same coil form
and actually attached to the secondary. I am told that this is actually an
ODIN coil. I used a single glass plate capacitor about 20"x12" x .18"  with
aluminum foil for plates. The spark gap was static and consisted of just
one large gap. If I attached a wire or a small coil of wire to the end of
the tube like an antenna the tube would glow bright red and could be seen
with the lights on.

My 6" dia. Pig powered coil would not do this, even though I was getting 8'
streamers from it. I really believe that it has a lot to do with frequency.
If you have any additional questions please feel free to contact me.

Paul S. Marshall