Wiring suggestions

Original poster: "Hydrogen18" <hydrogen18-at-hydrogen18-dot-com>

I am making a control panel for my tesla coil which incorporates a 4 pack
MOT supply, a variac(controls 50%-100% power), and various other goodies
including a ballast. I am planning on drawing 25 amps maximum from the
wall(240 VAC socket for 6 kva)maximum. I currently have it wired up with 14
gauge wire which gets hot under some conditions. What gauge wire should I
use to carry 25 amps of current in free air? I was thinking 8 gauge. Is it
possible to get cable rated for that kind of power at 250 VAC(stranded
preferably). Thanks for any help you can give.

---Eric