Re: Hmmmm...(was CDE 942c20p15k Group buy)

Original poster: Kreso Bukvic <kreso.bukvic-at-kc.htnet.hr>

Well i would like to end this topic. Im getting pretty weird e-mails here
from alot of GG members and others.

Main point i do not hate GG.

Why i do not belive in GG caps. MY maxwell was rated 35 kVdc and it blew on
a 10 kV transformer. And i cannot figure off why should a capacitor rated 14
kVdc hold for years? ( and only 3.5 kVac rated). I know components can be
stressed sometimes but multyplying working voltage 4x, it becomes just luck.

But im planning to see myself. I still have to pay Terry the maxwells, talk
about a a variac and IGBTs but im planing to use MMC on my ISSTC project (
Terry will buy some for me). Il really use Maxwells but il just try them on
my ISSTC and then il test them on a SGTC ( il replicate experiment that blew
my maxwell). If this caps pass this test, be sure i will newer buy maxwell
again :-).

So

Best Regards

Kreso Bukvic