RE: Tesla Coil RF interference

Original poster: "Paul Marshall" <klugmann-at-hotmail-dot-com>

I noticed this with small out of tune coils. Actually, the first coil I
ever built was on a 1 1/2 inch form. At low power 450 watts, It would light
a neon tube at a distance of 30 feet. Metal objects that were not grounded
had induced voltages as high as 3kV. My neighbors complained about their TV
just looking like a blizzard. On the other hand my 6.5" coil running at 10
kW wouldn't do that and I was getting 8' streamers. I think it has a lot to
do with frequency. You seem to have just hit the right one.

Paul S. Marshall