Re: Hmmmm...(was CDE 942c20p15k Group buy)

Original poster: "Peter Terren" <pterren-at-iinet-dot-net.au>

Kreso
I am disturbed by your last post. We deal with science here not expletives.
If you have evidence to support your assertion that the GG recommended caps
will "maybe last a minute or two" then present it. The Geek group cap data
has been used successfully by many people and is a good compromise between
performance, cost and reliability. Certainly, Maxwells are preferable for
reliability and rating but cost and availability is a consideration
particularly away from the US eBay scene. You are fortunate to have got some
from Terry for a great price.
You may wish to put 25 caps in series but Peter Reid uses (I think) 12x12 at
18kV for 12 foot sparks.
Peter
Geek Group member 263